Avebury & Stonehenge, Friday 30th June 2017
Our popular Avebury & Stonehenge "Mysterious Britain" Day trip visits the historic Stonehenge, Avebury and West Kennet Long Barrow in Wiltshire.
Our first stop will be the medieval village of Avebury which is ringed by the largest stone circle in the world and the product of Neolithic man. You will have free time to explore this picturesque and historic area. The Stone Circle and village of Avebury is believed to be over 2000 years older than Stonehenge and is just 3 miles in radius.
Avebury lies at the heart of England's most ancient and mysterious countryside. There have been reports of at least five different ghosts at the Red Lion Pub, located inside the stone circle, with high levels of paranormal activity being recorded.
Then a very short journey from the stone circle we walk up the hillside to West Kennet Long Barrow one of the largest Neolithic burial tombs in Britain and over 5000 years old. Your Tour Manager will take you into the burial chambers and bring it's fascinating history alive.
Our final stop of the day is of couse the world famous
Stoneherenge! Entrance to Stonehenge and its visitor centre are included - along with audio guides and free time to explore the site.
Your day tour includes:
- Walking Tour of Avebury
- Free Time for lunch and to explore Avebury
- A visit to West Kennet Long Barrow
- A visit to Silbury Hill
- Entrance into Stonehenge
**Please note in the event of bad weather on the day of the tour, the visit to West Kennet Long Barrow may not take place- as it is quite a walk - and would be unpleasant in heavy rain conditions... Your tour manager will advise on the day**
Tour operates every Monday, Wednesday & Friday
- Day 1 - Friday 30th June 2017
- 07:30 7.30am-9.15am London pick-ups:. London Bridge (7.30am), Kings Cross (7.55am), Baker Street (8.10am), Victoria (8.25am), South Kensington (8.50am) Earls Court (9.00am), Hammersmith (9.15am)
- 09:15 After our pick-ups in Central London, we depart for Wiltshire!.
- 11:00 Our first stop will be the medieval village of Avebury. which is ringed by the largest stone circle in the world and the product of Neolithic man. Avebury was built and amended over many centuries from about 2850 BC to 2200 BC! You will have free time to explore this picturesque and historic area.
- 13:30 After Avebury, we'll take a very short drive to West Kennet Long Barrow, by Silbury Hill.. Walk up the hillside to West Kennet Long Barrow, one of the largest Neolithic burial tombs in Britain and over 5000 years old. Your tour manager will take you into the burial chambers and bring it's fascinating history alive.
- 15:00 Arrival at Stonehenge (2.30pm during winter months). Fast track entrance with audio guides is includes to the Stonehenge site and visitor centre. You'll have free time to explore and view the site.
- 17:00 Depart Stonehenge for London.
- 19:00 Approximate arrival back to London after a magical day out.
** Avebury and West Kennet Long Barrow can be muddy in the winter/rainy conditions, we recommend sensible footwear (wellies/boots) and warm clothing for this tour**
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £59
- Child Price from £53
Less than 10 places left!
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours