Terms & Conditions
These are the standard Booking Conditions of Anderson Tours Limited, part of the Anderson Travel Group.
1. Contract: By contracting with Anderson Tours Limited (referred to in these booking conditions as “we or us”) you will be accepting these booking conditions on behalf of yourself and all other persons using our services pursuant to a booking made by you.
2. Payment: Full payment is required at time of booking. We accept MasterCard, Visa and a variety of debit cards. Payment can be made in person at our Tower Bridge Road office in cash, cheques drawn at UK branches of UK banks and sterling travellers’ cheques with identification such as passport. If payment is not made when it is due, we will be entitled to cancel the booking without notice. Cancellation by us on the grounds of non-payment by you will incur the cancellation fee of 50%, referred to in paragraph 7 below. Children aged 16 or under receive 10% off all scheduled tours.
3. Insurance: You are advised to take out insurance, which would cover you in the event that you have to cancel your booking or compensate you for delays and/or damage to your property. This travel insurance policy will suit the demands and needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no excluded pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and wish to insure themselves against the financial impact of specified unforseen circumstances/events relating to or occuring during the trip. Full details of these circumstances/events, levels of cover and terms and conditions can be found in the policy booklet. I can confirm that I have been provided with, read and understood the policy terms & conditions, status disclosure document and the significant exclusions
Anderson Tours Limited
a: 220 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 2UP
Status Disclosure Information
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) is the independent regulator of financial services. Use this information to decide if our services are right for you.
Anderson Tours Limited only offer Connected Travel Insurance from single insurers.
Details of insurers may be provided on request.
We do not charge fees for our insurance related services. We may receive a commission from the product provider.
We hold any insurance money (premiums, refunds or claims money) as the agent of the insurer under a risk transfer agreement.
You WILL NOT receive advice or a recommendation from us for insurance. We may ask some questions to narrow down the selection of products that we will provide details on. You will then need to make your own choice about how to proceed.
Demands And Needs Statement
This travel insurance policy will suit the Demands and Needs of an individual, or group (where applicable) who have no pre-existing medical conditions, are travelling to countries included within the policy terms and who wish to insure themselves against the financial impact of specified unforeseen circumstances/events relating to or occurring during their trip. Subject to policy exclusions, terms, conditions and maximum specified claim limits; full details of which may be found in your policy booklet. If you do not have one of these please ask for a copy to aid you in making your own informed buying decision.
You may already possess alternative insurance(s) for some or all of the features and benefits provided by products purchased; it is your responsibility to investigate this. We will not provide you with advice about the suitability of this product for your individual needs but we will be happy to provide you with factual information to assist you in making an informed buying decision.
All policies have exclusions and restrictions to them. It is very important that you read and understand these and only purchase the policy if you are happy that you and (where applicable) every member of your party meet the eligibility criteria: Specifically for travel our policy may NOT be applicable for you if:
You are over the maximum specified age at the time of your trip
You have pre-existing medical conditions
Examples of these and other conditions and restrictions and what to do if you are unsure about any aspect of an exclusion are contained within your policy information.
If after purchasing a policy should you find it does not meet your requirements you have 14 days from the date of issue, or prior to travel (whichever is sooner) to cancel the policy.
If you do decide to cancel your money will be refunded in full, provided no claims have been made or incident likely to give rise to a claim has arisen.
Travel policies will not cover travel to areas where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has advised against 'all travel'. If you are not sure whether there is a travel warning for your destination, please check with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (phone 020 7008 1500 or visit their website at www.fco.gov.uk).
It is your responsibility to do this and no information or guidance will be provided by ourselves in this regard.
Confidentiality and Data Protection
Your information will only be disclosed/provided to third parties for the purposes of providing, arranging, administering and renewing insurance contract(s) and for the purposes of monitoring and/or enforcing compliance with insurance regulatory rules/codes. For full details of where your information will be sent and the purpose of such data transfer, please ask us.
I have read and understand the above information and confirm that I have been provided with the a copy of this document together with all relevant policy documentation to enable me to make an individual informed buying decision based on my own personal circumstances and the merits of the policy. This buying decision was my own and I did not receive a personal recommendation or advice from Anderson Tours Limited .
Please keep this page with your insurance policy documents.
If you are intending to purchase an insurance product you confirm that you did not receive any recommendation or advice from us regarding the suitability of the product for your circumstances; that you have received the documentation below * and had the opportunity to review and question any items that may be unclear to you and that you have made an individual informed buying decision based on your own personal circumstances and the merits of the policy:
This document (status disclosure)
A policy booklet or similar, detailing policy terms, conditions, exclusions and your cancellation rights
Price information including all applicable taxes and where applicable interest payments
If you have not had access to these documents please ask a member of staff who will be happy to assist.
Important: You may already possess alternative insurance(s) for some of all of the features and benefits provided by this product; it is your responsibility to investigate this. We will not provide you with advice for the suitability of this product for your needs; we will however be happy to provide you with factual information to aid you in making your own informed buying decision.
The policy provided is provided by
Travel & General Insurance Services Limited
117 Houndsditch London EC3A 7BT
t 020 7065 5380 | f 020 7065 5374
Summary of policy benefits – You would need the table marked with a *1
Significant Exclusions and Conditions
The following is a summary of the significant exclusions and conditions that apply. It is not a full description of all the policy terms & conditions. The Insurers Key facts document can be accessed by the following link …… and the full policy wording is available by the following link.
The policy does have restrictions where you or a person insured under the policy you purchase have a pre-existing condition. No cover is provided for any medical condition where a terminal prognosis has been given and no cover is provided for any mental illness, anxiety or depression or related psychiatric condition.
The policy will also exclude any medical condition where:
You are already aware of at the time of purchasing the cover which could subsequently give rise to a claim
You are currently being treated or are under the supervision of a hospital, consultant or have been in the last 12 months
You are currently on a waiting list for treatment
You have had an increase in any medication over the past 12 months
Where you are currently undergoing tests or treatment, or some one who may affect your travel plans is awaiting results
For trips in the UK there is access to the NHS for treatment. If the trip is to the Europe and you are affected by these exclusions you can contact the insurers medical screening line on 0844 2486075. They will confidentially review conditions with the intention to provide Insurance cover without restrictions. This may involve an additional premium or a change to the policy excess
Personal Baggage/ Money & Personal Documents
There is no cover for baggage, money or documents that are left unattended or are confiscated or removed or held by Customs or other officials. In the event of a loss all incidents must be reported to the police and report obtained from them as no cover will apply without this. There is no cover for loss damage or theft of mobile phones. Any claims payment will include a deduction for wear and tear and depreciation. Valuables are only covered while under the personal supervision of the insured or while in a safe deposit box. There is no cover for sports equipment while in use.
There is no cover for any liability arising out of any business, profession or ownership of land or property. Also there is no liability cover any vehicle, aircraft or any watercraft.
Cover is not provided for legal expenses incurred to pursue a claim against the insurer of this policy or to pursue any provider or supplier of drugs or medicines.
The policy will cover all the normal activities that you would undertake on holiday or short break. Anderson Travel does hold a full list of the activities cover which is available on reguest
4. Health: We would recommend you obtain a copy of the Department of Health leaflet T4 (Travellers Guide to Health) and make certain that you have with you an E111 document (obtainable from the Post Office) to enable you as a UK citizen to receive medical treatment in EU states and, where relevant, see your doctor to ensure that you are not travelling against medical advice.
5. Check-in/Departures: It is your responsibility to leave ample time for your journey to the nominated departure point. The time stated on your e-ticket is the time of departure - ensure that you are at your stated departure point at least ten minutes prior. We cannot refund or rebook for you missing tours, trips or services as a result of delays on other transport services such as traffic, underground, buses and/or railways.
6. Travel Documentation: You are responsible for ensuring that you are in possession of the required travel documentation such as visas and passports and that they are valid and effective for all countries passed through en-route. We cannot be held responsible for expenses incurred if travel documentation does not meet the required criteria. If you are in doubt, please contact the relevant embassy or consulate. If you need a visa letter please e-mail your request to email@example.com. Please allow 5 working days.
7. Refunds/Cancellations Policy: You must inform us in writing (via fax, email or post) if you wish to cancel a tour or other booking in whole or in part, returning to us any tickets already issued. We must acknowledge your correspondence in order for cancellation to be processed. On cancellation we will charge you an administration charge or percentage of the total price as follows:
- Cancellation notified and tickets returned more than 35 days prior to the date of departure - full refund
- Cancellation notified and tickets returned between 34 days and 15 days prior to the date of departure - 50% of total value
- Cancellation notified and tickets returned 14 days or fewer prior to the date of departure - 100% of total value.
Isle of Wight Day Trips, Harry Potter, Stonehenge Special Access and Brugge:
- Cancellation notified 15 days in advance - full refund
- Cancellation notified 14 days in advance - 100% of total value
All Other Day Trips:
- Cancellation notified more than 24 hours in advance - full refund
- Cancellation notified less than 24 hours in advance - 100% of total value
All amendments or name changes to confirmed bookings prior to departure are subject to a £10.00 per person administration fee plus any price difference. We regret that no amendments or name changes are possible for any short break less than fourteen days before departure. No amendments are possible for day excursions less than 48 hours before scheduled departure. Passengers that do not check-in at their appointed pick-up point and time will be considered cancelled and normal cancellation policies are applied. No amendments are possible after your departure date and time.
**Please note if you have booked a tour through one of our partner voucher sites, the above terms and conditions will not apply for cancellations. You will need to refer to the partner websites terms and conditions**
We're unable to offer refunds on missed promotional/discount offers, offers must be applied at time of booking and cannot be redeemed later.
8. Variation of Brochure: We reserve the right, before you book, to vary the services described in our brochures, including prices and departure dates and times and characteristics and categories of transport. You will be notified of these changes before you are committed to the tour.
9. Alterations: If we must change your hotel or other details of the tour, which may be for reasons beyond our control, we will notify you as soon as possible and give you the information as to the alterations. If the change significantly alters an essential term of the contract, you will have the right to withdraw from the contract in which event we will repay all money already paid by you to us or the appropriate proportion if only some of the party withdraw. Alternatively you will have the option to:
- a) Take a substitute tour of equivalent or superior value if we are able to offer you such a substitute,
- b) to take a substitute tour of lower value if we are able to offer you one, when we will reimburse or allow you the difference in price of the tour contracted for and that of the substitute tour.
You undertake to let us know as quickly as possible your decision in the event of our having to advise you of any such alteration.
10. Force Majeure: Where we cancel the whole tour before departure because of unusual or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, then we will refund all money already paid by you but you will not be entitled to any compensation for the loss of the tour. Where the tour is interrupted to a significant extent by circumstances beyond our control we will refund what is deemed to be a fair proportion of the cost of the tour.
11. Behaviour: You will be responsible for the conduct of yourself and all members of your party and you will indemnify us against any liability for damage caused by you or any members of your party. We reserve the right to terminate the tour in the event of behaviour deemed to be unreasonable by our staff.
12. Complaints: Should you have a complaint during your tour, contact your tour leader and our staff will do their best to rectify your problem. If we cannot resolve your complaint at the time, you should make a written record of your complaint and hand it to your tour leader or send it to us at Anderson Tours, Second Floor, 220 Tower Bridge Road, London, SE1 2UP within 21 days of the end of the tour. We will not be able to deal with any complaints unless we are told in that way and by that time.