Glastonbury & Cheddar Gorge, Sunday 21st July 2019
We pass through England's smallest Cathedral city of Wells before arriving in Glastonbury for our first stop of the day. Glastonbury is a place steeped in legend. Discover about the legend of King Arthur and the famous Glastonbury Thorn, Joseph of Arimithea is said to have visited visited Glastonbury with the Holy Grail and thrust his staff into Wearyall Hill, which then grew into the original tree. View the remains of St Michaels church on top of the Tor, destroyed by a medieval earthquake.
We then travel through the Somerset countryside to the quintessentially English Town of Cheddar where there will be a short stop to explore the local shops and the gorge. Following its appearance on the 2005 television programme Seven Natural Wonders, Cheddar Gorge was named as the second greatest natural wonder in Britain.
We travel on through the famous Cheddar Gorge. Keep a lookout for the wild goats clinging to the cliffs!
Return travel by luxury mini-coach
Visit to Cheddar & Cheddar Gorge
Entrance to Glastonbury Abbey
Free time in Glastonbury
Services of a tour manager
Tour returns to London approximately 8.30pm
If you have a group and would like to travel on an alternative date - please contact us via email with your date and group size (Please note min group size 10).
- Day 1 - Sunday 21st July 2019
- 07:30 London pick ups. London Bridge (7.30am), Victoria (7.50am),Earls Court (8.15am), Hammersmith (8.30am)
- 08:35 We depart London for Glastonbury.
- 11:15 Arrival in Glastonbury. Your tour manager will walk you to the ruins of Glastonbury Abbey (Entrance included) and you'll free time to explore the site and village of Glastonbury.
- 14:15 Depart for Cheddar (if a small group coach will travel through the Gorge).
- 14:45 Arrive Cheddar for free time to explore the Village , gorge and caves..
- 17:00 We leave Cheddar for our return journey to London.
- 20:30 Approximate arrival back in London.. Please note this tour will end/drop passengers at Earls Court Tube Station only.
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £69
- Child Price from £62
Less than 10 places left!
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours