Canterbury & Dover Castle, Sunday 13th October 2019
On this mini coach tour, we take a journey into the county of Kent – known traditionally as “The Garden of England”. We’ll view the famous White Cliffs of Dover, explore Dover Castle and visit historic Canterbury.
During the day we’ll take in visits to one of the most visited places in the country, the historic Cathedral City of Canterbury. There’s a lot to see in Canterbury from the Cathedral, St Martin’s Church and St Augustine’s Abbey it’s a city full of history to explore. Pilgrims and visitors have made their way to Canterbury Cathedral since the Middle Ages, and it remains popular today with visitors from around the world.
We also travel to the coastline at Dover to view one of the country’s most spectacular natural features, the White Cliffs of Dover. An official Icon of Britain, the White Cliffs have been a sign of hope and freedom for centuries, take a walk along the cliff-tops and look out to the busy English Channel – on a clear day you’ll be able to spot the coast of France.
A short drive up the road from the White Cliffs and the Dover coastline is Dover Castle, one of the largest castles in the country that was strategically placed at the shortest crossing point to continental Europe. The castle has played a prominent part in national history and originates back to the Iron Age. A roman lighthouse and Anglo-Saxon church can still be seen within the grounds. Entry into the Castle is included in the tour and you’ll have free to explore the grounds.
This Tour is available every Saturday & Sunday – subject to availability.
• Visit to view the White Cliffs of Dover (Either a walk along the cliff-top or a walk along the beach (weather dependant – your tour manager will advise on the day).
• Entrance into Dover Castle
• Visit to Canterbury & Entrance into Canterbury Cathedral
• Luxury coach travel throughout
• Services of an Anderson Tours Tour Manager
- Day 1 - Sunday 13th October 2019
- 07:30 London Pick ups. Earls Court [7:30 am], South Kensington [7:40 am], Victoria [8.05am], Kings Cross [8:35 am], London Bridge> [9:00 am].
**due to road works we cannot pick up at Baker Street until 2019**
- 09:00 Departure from London Bridge. After our Central London pick-ups, we journey into Kent
- 10:30 Arrival in Canterbury. On arrival, your tour manager will walk you through the city of Canterbury to the cathedral where entrance is included. You will also have free time to explore the city.
- 13:30 Depart Canterbury for London. We'll get back on to the coach for our return journey to London.
- 14:00 Arrival at Dover Castle. Approximate arrival at Dover Castle, where entrance is included, you’ll have free time to explore the castle and its grounds.
- 16:30 Depart Dover Castle. After our visit to Dover Castle, we will make our way to our next stop of the day. We travel the short distance Dover Coastline to view the famous White Cliffs of Dover (Either a walk along the cliff-top or a walk along the beach weather dependant – your tour manager will advise on the day).
- 17:30 Departure from White Cliffs of Dover. We depart Dover and head to Canterbury.
- 19:00 Arrival in Central London. Approximate arrival at London Bridge 7.00pm (May vary depending on traffic).
*Please note the above itinerary is a guide, and the order of the visits may vary – your Tour Manager will let you know on the day*
(This tour may be operated on either a coach from Anderson Travel , or our sister company, London Mini Coaches)
*This tour terminates at a drop off close to London Bridge Station only*
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £87
- Child Price from £78
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours