Isle of Wight Weekend, Saturday 14th September 2019
This weekend overnight break travels across to the Southern British Island in the English Channel, the Isle Of Wight. The Island, in the county of Hampshire, is separated from mainland England by the Solent and has been popular with visitors since the Victorian Era as a holiday resort.
Known for its natural beauty and its world famous sailing based in Cowes, the Isle of Wight is home of Osborne House, the Royal Seaside Palace of Queen Victoria and her family. Entrance and free time at Osborne House is included on our arrival on the Island on the Saturday afternoon.
We’ll be staying overnight in a hotel in Sandown (on some weekends we will stay in nearby Shanklin), where breakfast on Sunday is included. You’ll have the rest of Saturday to explore this lovely seaside resort.
On the Sunday, after breakfast we’ll travel to Godshill, tour the Island and travel to view the famous Needles - a row of three distinctive stacks of chalk that rise out of the sea off the western extremity of the Isle of Wight, England, close to Alum Bay.
Entrance Osborne House
1 Night Hotel Accommodation with breakfast (in either Sandown or Shanklin - confirmation available within 48 hours of departure)
Visit to view the famous Needles
Tour of the Island with a visit and free time in Godshill
Return luxury coach travel
Return ferry crossings
Services of an Anderson Tours Tour Manager
- Day 1 - Saturday 14th September 2019
- 07:30 After our London . pick-ups we travel by coach to Southampton where we’ll board the Red Funnel Ferry to cross the Solent to East Cowes on the Isle of Wight.
- 10:00 Ferry crossing from Southampton to East Cowes.
- 11:00 approximate arrival in Isle of Wight. We’ll then travel to Osborne House- the seaside palace of Queen Victoria and her family.
Entrance and free time is included to explore the area before we head to Sandown (on some weekends Shanklin) to check into our hotel.
The rest of the day will be for you to enjoy the popular seaside town of Sandown/Shanklin at your leisure.
- Day 2 - Sunday 15th September 2019
- 08:00 Breakfast is included at the hotel.
- 08:00 After breakfast, meet your coach & tour manager outside the hotel. for another day of sightseeing on the Island.
During the day we’ll visit Godshill (has its own model villag)e.
We’ll also venture to the opposite side of the Island you will get the chance to take a photo of the island's famous Needles. The Needles were featured on the TV Programme “Seven Natural Wonders” as one of the wonders of the South!
- 17:30 Ferry crossing from East Cowes to Southampton.
- 21:30 approximate arrival back. into central London after a weekend on the Isle of Wight.
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £145
- Child Price from £131
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours