Windsor, Stonehenge & Salisbury, Thursday 8th March 2018
On this mini coach tour, we take a journey into Berkshire & Wiltshire to visit 3 popular sightseeing landmarks and their surrounding areas – Windsor Castle, Stonehenge & Salisbury Cathedral!
During the day we’ll take visits to the historic town of Windsor where you'll have free time to explore the town and Windsor Castle (entrance not included)
The castle’s history spans almost 1000 years and still remains a working palace and you'll have free time to explore the castle and it's grounds.
We’ll also visit the World Heritage Site at Stonehenge, the world famous Stone Circle in Wiltshire. Stonehenge has attracted millions of visitors from all over the world and is one of the first places for any visitor to England to see.
The third location on the day’s to do list includes a visit to the Cathedral City of Salisbury where entrance into the famous cathedral is included. Inside this Early English Gothic cathedral you’ll find nearly 800 years of history including the Magna Carta (from 1215) and Europe’s oldest working clock (from 1386).
The cathedral also has Britain’s tallest spire and you’ll l have free time to explore inside the, perhaps climb the 332 steps to the tower to admire the magnificent views across Salisbury.
• Visit to Windsor
• Entrance into Stonehenge with audio guide
• Visit to Salisbury & Entrance into Salisbury Cathedral
• Luxury coach travel throughout
• Services of an Anderson Tours Tour Manager
Dates only available up to 31st March 2018
From 1st April 2018: This tour will be replaced by Windsor, Stonehenge & Bath day trips.
- Day 1 - Thursday 8th March 2018
- 07:30 07.30 - 09.15am London pick-ups:. London Bridge (7.30am), Kings Cross (7.55am), Baker Street (8.10am), Victoria (8.25am), South Kensington (8.50am), Earls Court (9.00am), Hammersmith (9.15am)
- 09:15 After our London pick ups, we head to our first destination - Windsor..
- 10:00 On arrival in Royal Windsor, after a short walking around of the town.. You will have free time to explore the historic town - head to Windsor Great Park for a great photo op of the castle!
- 11:30 Approximate departure time from Windsor for Stonehenge. (Journey time is approximate 1 hour 30 minutes)
- 13:00 Entrance is included at Stonehenge. You'll have free time (approx 1 hour 30 minutes) to explore Stonehenge and the visitor centre
- 15:00 We leave Stonehenge and head the short 15 minute drive away to the town of Salisbury..
- 15:30 On arrival in Salisbury, entrance to Salisbury Cathedral is included. The cathedral is one of the finest examples of medieval Cathedrals in Britain, it also boasts the country’s tallest spire and is the home of the Magna Carta.
You'll also have free time to explore the town of Salisbury.
- 17:00 We depart Salisbury for Central London.
- 19:30 Approximate arrival back into Central London. *Please note the above itinerary is a guide and is subject to change due to events or services in Windsor & Salisbury Cathedral, and the order of the visits may vary – your Tour Manager will let you know on the day*
On return to London there will be 2-3 drop offs close to London Underground stations, we cannot guarantee drop off at your pick up point*
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £69
- Child Price from £62
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours