Stonehenge Special Access Inner Circle Evening Tour, Friday 15th March 2019
Stonehenge is a "must see" for anyone visiting the UK. Our Stonehenge Special Access tour gives you privileged access to the Stone Circle in the evening. As one of the country's most famous World Heritage sites most visitors are not allowed direct access to the stones, but we have arranged with English Heritage for privileged access when the site is closed to the general public!
We combine this tour with a visit to the mysterious village of Avebury which is ringed by the largest stone circle in the world for an unforgettable day out of London!
Your fully guided return coach tour includes:
• Guided Tour of Avebury
• Free Time to explore Avebury
• A visit to West Kennet Long Barrow
• Entrance into Stonehenge for Stone Circle Special Access private to our group.
Please note there are different entry times for our evening tour in 2018 - please check the top of your E-ticket for the correct departure time.
All 2018 dates are now onsale.
We can only offer the inner circle/special access tours on the dates listed on our website.
- Day 1 - Friday 15th March 2019
- 08:30 London Pick ups. London Bridge 8.30am, Kings Cross 8.50am, Baker Street 9.10am, Victoria 9.25am, South Kensington 9.50am & Earls Court 10am
- 10:00 After our pick ups we depart London for Wiltshire.
- 12:15 Approximate arrival in village of Avebury. On arrival in Avebury, we’ll have a short walking tour of the stone circle that surrounds the tiny village. Follow this you’ll have free time to explore the village – we recommend lunch at the infamous haunted Red Lion Pub (please note the pub can get quite busy during peak times).
- 14:30 Visit West Kennet Long Barrow. After a short 1.5 mile drive down the road we stop by Silbury Hill and take a walk up the hillside to West Kennet Long Barrow one of the largest Neolithic burial tombs in Britain and over 5000 years old. Your guide will take you into the burial chambers and bring it's fascinating history alive.
- 15:30 We depart West Kennet Long Barrow for Stonehenge.
- 16:15 Arrival at Stonehenge. We arrive at Stonehenge for Special Access to the Stone Circle (at 6.45pm) when the site is closed to the public. Our time inside the inner circle lasts up to an hour and is fully guided.
- 18:00 After our special access inside Stonehenge we head back to London. Your tour manager will confirm the drop off locations for our return to London during the journey.
- 21:00 Approximate arrival time back into Central London (time may be passed midnight).
On the return to London, there may be a small number of drop offs - we suggest due to the late return time of this tour that passengers disembark at the first pick up and travel by public transportation to get to their destination quicker as we cannot predict traffic conditions in the city.
***We recommend a packed lunch/you bring snacks for the day, as Avebury is limited in available options being a tiny village and arrival back in to London will be late at night.
All times shown are local times.
Please note the itinerary is intended as a guide and some details may be subject to change.
To book please click below
- Adult Price from £124
- Child Price from £111
Other tour dates
- Fully inclusive tours with entrances included
- No hidden extras
- Enjoyed by all ages and nationalities
- Great value for money
- Luxury travel on our own vehicles
- We employ our own professional guides
- Superb hotel accommodation offered on all overnight tours